Originally released as “Police Assassins” in the UK, Yes, Madam! was the first starring role for both Michelle Yeoh and Cynthia Rothrock, who stunned audiences with their incredible athleticism and stunt work. Produced by Sammo Hung and John Sham, the film is as expected, an incredible action showcase in the inimitable Hong Kong style of the time.
Michelle Yeoh and Cynthia Rothrock star as a couple of tough-as-nails police inspectors investigating the murder of a British agent, which leads them to a pair of unlucky thieves (Mang Hoi and John Shum) who need protection from a ruthless crime boss (James Tien).
Launching both a successful franchise (the In the Line of Duty series) as well as an entire sub-genre of action cinema (“girls-with-guns” – a genre which did not truly exist before this film), Yes, Madam! is one of the most important and influential action films of its era, and Eureka Classics is proud to present the film in its UK debut on Blu-ray from a brand new 2K restoration.
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
- 1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray of the original theatrical cut from a brand new 2K restoration
- 1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray of the international export cut from a brand new 2K restoration
- Theatrical Cut – Original Cantonese mono audio (optional theatrical and home video mixes)
- Theatrical Cut – Optional English 5.1 dubbed audio
- Export Cut – Original “classic” English mono
- Optional English Subtitles, newly translated for this release
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film experts Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) & Michael Worth
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
- Brand new select-scene commentary with actress and martial-arts movie icon Cynthia Rothrock
- Brand new interview with Cynthia Rothrock
- Brand new interview with Mang Hoi
- Archival interview with Michelle Yeoh
- Battling Babes – archival featurette
- Reversible sleeve design
- A Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [2000 copies]