It’s not human, and it’s got an axe! One of the most underrated efforts to hail from the slice-and-dice boom, The Prey at last emerges from the VHS wilderness in a brand new 2K restoration from the recently unearthed original camera negative.
Three young couples set off into the mountains for a weekend of climbing, drinking and lovemaking. But little do they know that they are stumbling into the terrain of a fearsome predator – a wild man, horrifically burned as a child many years ago in a fire which engulfed his gypsy camp and left only him alive. Now he roams the woods in search of his next human prey.
Filmed in 1979-1980 but not released in the US until 1984 when it was picked up by New World Pictures, The Prey is a unique woodsy slasher gem ripe for reappraisal in this extras-packed edition!
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition Blu-ray™ (1080p) presentation
• 2K restoration of the filmmaker-approved US Theatrical Cut from the original camera negative
• Original uncompressed mono audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary with Ewan Cant and Amanda Reyes
• Audio interview with director/co-writer Edwin Scott Brown
• Audio interview with producer/co-writer Summer Brown
• Gypsies, Camps and Screams – interview with actress Debbie Thureson
• Babe in the Woods – interview with actress Lori Lethin
• Gayle on Gail – interview with actress Gayle Gannes
• The Wide-Mouthed Frog and Other Stories – interview with actor Jackson Bostwick
• Call of the Wild – interview with actor Carel Struycken
• In Search of The Prey – Ewan Cant and actress Debbie Thureson revisit the original shooting locations in Idyllwild, California
• Texas Frightmare Weekend Experience – relive the premiere of the restored The Prey at Texas Frightmare Weekend 2019, with full audience reaction track and post-screening Q&A with actors Lori Lethin, Carel Struycken and Jackson Bostwick
• TV Spot and home video trailer
• Original shooting script from the personal archives of Debbie Thureson (BD-ROM Content)
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn