BEWARE! A MONSTER IS LOOSE!
Author Charles Regnier returns to 1896 Paris after exotic travels, having written a bestseller which the Ministry of Justice would like to ban. That very night, an official is killed on the dark streets… clawed to death! The prefect of police suspects some type of “were-cat”, but Inspector Severen thinks there is nothing supernatural about Regnier’s motive. Regnier begins to doubt himself when he has another hallucinatory blackout during the second killing. Who is the infamous Catman of Paris?
Directed by Lesley Selander, this rare 1946 republic horror is finally getting a well-deserved release.
Starring: Carl Esmond, Lenore Aubert, Adele Mara, and Douglass Dumbrille.
Worldwide debut on Blu-ray.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray from a 4K scan of the original negative (2017)
- NEW Audio Commentary with film historians Kim Newman & Stephen Jones
- NEW Video essay by film historian Kat Ellinger
- The Republic Pictures Story – A 1991 feature length documentary about the studio featuring hundreds of clips & on-camera interviews
- Aspect Ratio 1.37:1
- Audio English LPCM 2.0 Mono
- Optional English HOH subtitles
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1500 copies with unique artwork