In Taipei City, a cavernous old picture palace is about to close its doors forever. A meagre audience, the remaining few staff, and perhaps even a ghost or two, watch King Hu's wuxia classic Dragon Inn - each haunted by memories and desires evoked by cinema itself.
An exquisite, wryly funny and tender tribute to the experience of movie-going, Tsai Ming-Liang's poignant love letter to cinema is one of the most beguiling and beloved dramas of modern times and is now widely regarded as a classic. Presented here in a new 4K restoration, Goodbye, Dragon Inn is more ravishing and hypnotic than ever.
Blu-ray Special Features
- Goodbye, Dragon Inn presented from a brand new 4K restoration of the film.
- A new and exclusive filmed interview with director Tsai Ming-Liang.
- Madam Butterfly (2009, 36 mins): world home-video premiere of Tsai’s remarkable modern-day interpretation of the classic story.
- Booklet featuring new essays by curator and critic Tony Rayns, plus a personal appreciation by filmmaker Apichatpong Weerasethakul.
- New and improved English subtitle translation.
- Original soundtrack in 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 Stereo LPCM (24-bit)
- World premiere on Blu-ray
- Region free Blu-ray (A/B/C)