Named as one of the best films of 2017 by more than 100 critics worldwide, Dawson City: Frozen Time tells the bizarre true story of a long-lost collection of over 500 nitrate film prints dating from the early 1900s found buried in the permafrost at a remote Yukon mining town.
Morrison’s haunting documentary links that gold rush town to the dawn of cinema. Using the amazing unearthed newsreels, silent movies (in some cases, the only copies in existence of films by D.W. Griffith and Tod Browning, among others) and documentary images of the town, Morrison conjures the birth of the modern age and creates a unique kaleidoscope of cinema and history.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High-definition presentation approved by director Bill Morrison.
• An exclusive, newly filmed interview with Bill Morrison.
• The Letter (2018) - Bill Morrison’s short film.
• Dawson City: Postscript (2017) – a filmed update to the story.
• 8 selected, original film reels from the Dawson City Film Find:
- British Canadian Pathé News, 1919 (includes 1919 World Series)
- International News Vol. 1, Issue 52, 1919
- The Montreal Herald Screen Magazine 1919
- Pathé's Weekly #17, 1914
- The Butler and the Maid, Thomas A. Edison Inc., 1912
- Brutality, D.W. Griffith, Biograph Company, 1912
- The Exquisite Thief, r.2, Tod Browning, 1919
- The Girl of the Northern Woods, Thanhouser, 1910
• 24-page booklet with writing on the film by Kristin Thompson and a new essay by curator Gareth Evans.
• 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio or Stereo 2.0 audio options.
• Theatrical trailer.
• English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
• Region free Blu-ray (A/B/C)