Between 1956 and 1960, director Budd Boetticher, and star Randolph Scott made a series of remarkable, slyly subversive, studio-produced westerns that brought a new spark to the genre and became known as the ‘Ranown Cycle’.
In The Tall T, co-starring Richard Boone, Maureen O’Sullivan and Henry Silva, Scott is a rancher kidnapped along with an heiress, and held for ransom by three murderous outlaws.
A ruthlessly efficient western thriller, The Tall T established the success of the Scott/Boetticher team.
INDICATOR STANDARD EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
- High Definition remaster
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with film historian Jeanine Basinger
- The Guardian Interview with Elmore Leonard (1997, 78 mins): archival audio recording of the celebrated author of the short story upon which The Tall T is based in conversation with Adrian Wootton at London’s National Film Theatre
- Martin Scorsese on ‘The Tall T’ (2008, 7 mins): the renowned filmmaker discusses Boetticher’s enduring influence and legacy
- Isolated music and effects track
- Original theatrical trailer
- Image gallery: promotional stills, on-set photography and publicity material
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
BBFC cert: PG