The first and second volumes of Rusty Cundieff’s politically-charged horror-comedy anthology series, in a limited 2-Disc Blu-ray set
Horror meets the hood in Rusty Cundieff’s politically-charged horror-comedy anthology series.
Stories of abuse, corruption and racism towards the African-American community are given the horror film treatment, as an eccentric funeral director attempts to deter a gang of drug dealers from a life of crime.
Executive-produced by Spike Lee, this cult horror favourite is presented alongside its 2018 sequel, which reunites the original creative team for more tales of terror.
This 2-Disc Blu-ray set is strictly limited to 3000 copies.
- Limited edition 2-disc set (3,000 copies)
- Audio commentary by Rusty Cundieff (2017): the co-writer and director covers the film in detail in this commentary original recorded for the film’s US Blu-ray release
- The Making of Tales from the Hood (2017, 56 mins): a lengthy retrospective that explores the film in detail
- Interview with Rusty Cundieff (2020, 69 mins): the director is interviewed by music and film critic Adam Murray
- Interview with Darin Scott (2020, 19 mins): produced exclusively for this release, the producer and co-writer is interviewed by the BFI’s Abigail Yartey
- Gallery featuring original storyboards and sketches provided by director Rusty Cundieff