HORSE MONEY is the latest stunning work from award-winning filmmaker Pedro Costa.
The film follows Ventura - the enigmatic lead of Costa's earlier groundbreaking film Colossal Youth - as he traverses a seemingly endless night populated by the ghosts of his, and his country's, past. From the restless spirits that haunt this decaying urban landscape, Costa conjures a spellbinding and unclassifiable cinematic experience.
Winner of the Best Director prize at the 2014 Locarno Film Festival, and already featured in many worldwide critics' Top 10 Films of 2014 lists, HORSE MONEY is a hauntingly beautiful contemplation of Portugal's tumultuous past and uncertain future from one of the true poets of contemporary European cinema.
• Presented from a brand new, director approved 1080 HD master.
• Pedro Costa’s short film O nosso homem (2010), presented from a new, director approved 1080 HD master.
• Filmmaker Thom Andersen introduces Horse Money.
• Pedro Costa in conversation with Laura Mulvey at the ICA Cinema, London.
• Horse Money Trailers and Teasers.
• 20-page booklet featuring essays on the film by Chris Fujiwara and Jonathan Romney.
• Original Portuguese and Kabuverdianu soundtrack in DTS-HD master audio & 2.0 Stereo LPCM
• Optional English subtitles