The fourth of a multi-volume series celebrating the work of film icon Ingmar Bergman
For more than 50 years, Ingmar Bergman produced groundbreaking works of cinema that established him as one of the world’s most acclaimed, enduring and influential filmmakers.
By the 1980s, Bergman was recognised as the doyen of directors but continued to produce trailblazing films throughout the latter period of his career. This final collection in the BFI’s four-volume series includes Cries and Whispers, his examination of suffering and the female psyche, Autumn Sonata, his much-heralded collaboration with Ingrid Bergman, and his epic, award-winning and deeply personal Fanny and Alexander, presented in both its theatrical and television versions.
- Cries and Whispers (1972)
- Scenes from a Marriage (1973)
- Autumn Sonata (1978)
- Faro Document (1979)
- From the Life of the Marionettes (1980)
- Fanny and Alexander (1982)
- Fanny and Alexander (TV Series), (1983)
- After the Rehearsal (1984)
- Six-Blu-ray set featuring eight landmark works by Ingmar Bergman*
- 100-page perfect bound book featuring new essays by Geoff Andrew, Catherine Wheatley, Leigh Singer, Andrew Graves, Philip Kemp and Ellen Cheshire
- Newly commissioned artwork by Andrew Bannister
- Limited edition of 5,000
*Please note that After the Rehearsal was only made available in Standard Definition