The year is 2019 and the world has become a dystopian wasteland. A group of nomadic marauders attempt to execute a man named Kuzman as they believe he is responsible for the death of the children in their tribe. After shooting Kuzman several times, they discover that he is in fact immortal. Kuzman then roams the wasteland trying to discover his purpose and ultimately seeking his own death. Upon meeting a fellow immortal, his journey leads him to mythical ruins guarded by a Sentry, whom he will have to defeat to enter and discover the secrets held inside. Flashing back to New Year's Eve in the year 1999, Kuzman discovers a connection between him and a violent Santa Claus impersonator who ends up in an insane situation after crashing a funeral.
Unlike anything you have seen before and almost impossible to categorize, GOODBYE, 20TH CENTURY is a brutally violent post-apocalyptic film lensed in the country of Macedonia. Best described as "Mad Max if it was made by Jodorowsky," GOODBYE, 20TH CENTURY is a unique film experience that is rife with insane imagery, visual metaphors, and a loose narrative structure that plays out in almost three separate parts. Restored in 4k from the 35mm original camera negative, Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present this truly one of a kind film on Blu-ray for the first time, as it has remained almost virtually unknown outside of its native country.
directed by: Darko Mitrevski, Aleksandar Popovski
starring: Nikola Ristanovski, Lazar Ristovski, Vlado Jovanovski, Sofija Kunovska, Dejan Acimovic, Petar Temelkovski, Toni Mihajlovski
1998 / 85 min / 1.66:1 / Macedonian 2.0 Stereo with English subtitles
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
- "Incredible Madness" (38 min) - an interview with co-writer/co-director Aleksandar Popovski
- "Designs Beyond the 20th Century" (9 min) - an interview with art director Bujar Muca
- "The Immortal Man" (14 min) - an interview with actor Nikola Ristanovski
- "Uber Makedonishe" by Arhangel - music video
- Reversible sleeve artwork
- Newly translated English subtitles