Acclaimed adaptation of the best-selling espionage thriller by Ken Follet, and directed by Richard Marquand (most famous for Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi).
Englishmen know him as Faber (Donald Sutherland), but to the Fatherland, he’s the loyal and lethal spy known as “The Needle”.
Shipwrecked on a Scottish island en route to Germany, Faber befriends the beautiful Lucy (Kate Nelligan), whose marriage to a crippled, embittered pilot is faltering. Faber sets about seducing her, intending to use her to help carry out his mission and prevent the impending D-Day invasion.
· Director Richard Marquand's preferred cut of the film, presented in High Definition and Standard Definition
· Audio commentary by Julie Kirgo, Nick Redman and music historian Jon Burlingame
· Alternate ending sequence, which appeared on the previous UK DVD release
· Donald Sutherland Guardian Interview (1987, 73 mins, audio only)
· Careless Talk Costs Lives: Wartime Warnings (1940, 36 mins): three short wartime propaganda films produced by Ealing Studios for the Ministry of Information
· Theatrical trailer
· Illustrated booklet with full film credits and new writing by Little White Lies essayist Paul Fairclough