Following the worldwide smashes EMMANUELLE (1974) and THE STORY OF O (1975), influential French filmmaker Just Jaeckin returned in 1977 with the sensual real-life drama MADAME CLAUDE. Starring French New Wave icon Françoise Fabian in the title role along with a sinister Klaus Kinski and the lovely Dayle Haddon, MADAME CLAUDE is an incredibly timeless look at one of the most controversial figures in recent French history. Originally released as THE FRENCH WOMAN in the United States, MADAME CLAUDE is a mesmerizing mixture of elegant eroticism and potent political thriller powered by Jaeckin’s inventive direction and an unforgettable score by legendary French composer Serge Gainsbourg.
Cult Epics is proud to present MADAME CLAUDE in a stunning, brand new 4k transfer, supervised by Oscar nominated cinematographer Robert Fraisse, fully loaded with a plethora of new bonus features.
- New 4K HD Transfer (from original 35mm negative) supervised by cinematographer Robert Fraisse.
- Original LPCM 2.0 Mono French track.
- New DTS-HD MA 2.0 Mono French track.
- Original Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo English track.
- Audio Commentary by Jeremy Richey (Author of the upcoming book “Sylvia Kristel: From Emmanuelle to Chabrol.”
- Interview with Just Jaeckin (2020, HD).
- Vintage French Theatrical Trailer.
- Promotional Gallery.
- Cult Epics Trailers.
- Dual-layered Disc.
- Double-sided Sleeve first printing.