From director and writer Corey Yuen (Righting Wrongs, Red Cliff, The Transporter) comes this high-octane tale of criminal gangs, betrayal and greed. When brothers Ma Wing-jing (Taksehi Kaneshiro) and Ma Tai-cheung (Yuen Wah) flee their impoverished homeland to seek their fortune in Shanghai, they at first find more grinding penury when they are forced to work as lowly coolies, however Wing-jing soon becomes embroiled in the seedy world of big city triads and his once insignificant life becomes an arrogant lust for power.
This fabulous remake of Cheh Chang’s classic The Boxer from Shantung (1972) from the legendary Shaw Brothers studios is given a 90s makeover chock full with stunts, fights and awe inspiring action sequences. A must for collectors of martial arts cinema.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS - 3000 Only
- Gloss O-Ring slipcase with brand-new artwork from R.P. "Kung Fu Bob" O'Brien
Booklet Notes - Do We Need Another Hero? Examining Hero (1997), Cory Yuen’s 1990s Remake of Classic The Boxer of Shantung (1973) by Andrew Graves
- Double-sided foldout Poster
- HD Transfer from the Original Negative in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- 2.0 DTS-HD MA Mono Cantonese with Newly Translated English Subtitles
- 2.0 DTS-HD MA Mono English Dub
- Audio Commentary by Kung Fu Experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
- Alternate Shots From the Taiwanese Version
- English Trailer
- Hong Kong Trailer