"Fonda's is a virtuoso job. Her acting has a cut-glass clarity that keeps the nightmare in focus." – Michael Wilmington, Los Angeles Times
Who's the guy lying next to her? How did they meet? All Alex knows is that he's as dead as a toe-tagged John Doe. "He had a heart attack?" Alex's ex asks over the phone. "From a knife in the chest," she retorts.
Two-time Academy Award® winner* Jane Fonda earned her seventh Oscar® nomination** as Alex, an alcoholic has-been actress cast in the real-life role of Suspect #1. Panicked at facing the police, Alex runs for it – right into the battered convertible of a washed-up former cop (Jeff Bridges). Their uneasy alliance draws them nearer to each other and closer to the startling truth behind the murder. Director Sidney Lumet (Network, The Verdict) draws strong performances from his leads and an ensemble that includes Raul Julia and Kathy Bates. The murder happened the night before. But the real mystery begins The Morning After.
* 1971: Best Actress in a Leading Role, Klute; 1978: Best Actress in a Leading Role, Coming Home
** 1969: Best Actress in a Leading Role, They Shoot Horses, Don't They?; 1977: Best Actress in a Leading Role, Julia; 1979: Best Actress in a Leading Role, The China Syndrome; 1981: Best Actress in a Supporting Role, On Golden Pond; 1986: Best Actress in a Leading Role, The Morning After
Bonus Features for Blu-ray
- NEW 2023 2K Scan Of The Interpositive
- Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono
- Audio Commentary With Director Sidney Lumet
- NEW “Serious Bender: Remembering The Morning After” – An interview With Associate Producer/Assistant Director Wolfgang Glattes
- NEW “A Night to Remember: Composing The Morning After” – An Interview With Composer Paul Chihara