A shattering masterpiece by one of the medium’s greatest artists, Stanley Kubrick’s Paths of Glory announced the definitive arrival of a towering figure in cinema.
In the French front lines of World War I, after giving the order for an impossible and disastrous mission to capture a nearby stronghold, the upper ranks move to save face by having three randomly selected soldiers held and tried for cowardice under pain of death. Their leader, Colonel Dax (in a powerhouse performance by Kirk Douglas), a former lawyer in civilian life, handles their defence against overwhelming odds.
A stylistically astonishing, emotionally overwhelming anti-war drama, Paths of Glory is one of the screen’s most brilliant condemnations of the power structures guiding warfare. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present a new Blu-ray edition for the first time in the UK.
- High-definition digital presentation
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- Audio commentary with film scholar Adrian Martin
- New video interview with Kubrick scholar Peter Kramer
- New video interview with filmmaker Richard Ayoade
- Interview with critic/author Richard Combs
- Original theatrical trailer
- Isolated music & effects track
- PLUS: A booklet featuring the words of Kubrick, and more!