Available together for the first time, Lukas Moodysson's eclectic filmography can now be appreciated is this limited edition collection!
Ever since his debut was heralded as "a young master's first masterpiece" by none other than Ingmar Bergman, director Lukas Moodysson has been hailed internationally as one of Sweden's greatest filmmaking talents, delighting and confounding audiences in equal measure. Available together for the first time, Moodysson's eclectic filmography can now be appreciated as the work of a singular filmmaking voice, as avowedly uncompromising and unabashedly political as it is keenly observed, deeply felt and frequently hilarious. Moodysson's first film, Fucking Åmål (released overseas as Show Me Love), was quickly heralded as a new queer cinema touchstone and one of the most authentic portrayals of youthful relationships on film. He swiftly followed this with the bittersweet, satirical 1970s-set Together, in which the inhabitants of a commune try to reconcile their ideals with their hearts' desires. Having made a name for himself as the new master of tragicomic, feelgood humanism, Moodysson suddenly frustrated expectations with a trio of startlingly confrontational works: the hauntingly bleak Lilya 4-ever, the abrasive and semi-improvised A Hole in My Heart and the avant-garde Container, narrated in its English version by Jena Malone (Donnie Darko). After making his mainstream English-language debut with the expansive Mammoth, starring Gael Garcia Bernal and Michelle Williams, Moodysson returned to his roots with We Are The Best! (based on a graphic novel by his wife and 'consigliere' Coco), the charming and funny tale of three schoolgirls starting a punk band in early-1980s Stockholm.
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentations of all seven films
- Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 audio for all films
- Optional English subtitles for all films, plus English hard-of-hearing subtitles on Container and Mammoth
- 200-page hardback book featuring new writing by Peter Walsh, excerpts from the original press kits for each film and essays on his films from a 2014 special issue of the Nordic culture journal Scandinavica
- New interviews with Lukas Moodysson and with actor Alexandra Dahlström, producer Lars Jönsson, editor Michal Leszczylowski, costume designer Denise Östholm, line producer Malte Forssell, script supervisor Malin Fornander and cinematographer Ulf Brantås
- Appreciation of Fucking Åmål by Dr. Clara Bradbury-Rance, author of Lesbian Cinema after Queer Theory
- Talk, a 1997 short film directed by Moodysson
- Deleted scenes from Together
- London Film Festival Q&As for Lilya 4-ever and We Are The Best!
- 2004 NFTS Masterclass with Moodysson
- Archive featurettes for A Hole in My Heart and Container
- Short archive interviews on Mammoth with Moodysson and Gael Garcia Bernal
- Appreciation of We Are The Best! by Swedish punk historian David Andersson
- Trailer and image galleries for all films