After a Polish diplomat and his family are murdered by a radical terrorist organization, CIA agent Gary Redner tracks the violent extremist group to Hong Kong on a personal mission of revenge. Once in Hong Kong, the "rough-and-ready" Gary is reluctantly partnered with "by the book" Special Branch Inspector Bong, in order to track down the terrorists before their next horrific attack. While the two men do not see eye to eye professionally nor culturally, they must put aside their personal differences and work together in order to take down the terrorist organization as well as the group's mysterious and ruthless leader, known only as Hannibal.
Featuring the signature bloody violence that director Ringo Lam (City on Fire, Burning Paradise) has become known for, UNDECLARED WAR is a dark and uncompromising neo-noir that doesn't pull its punches. One of the rare Hong Kong productions featuring a mix of international actors speaking multiple languages, UNDECLARED WAR stars American actor Peter Liapis (Ghoulies), Hong Kong actor Danny Lee (John Woo's The Killer), renowned Australian character actor Vernon Wells (The Road Warrior), and acclaimed British actress Olivia Hussey (Black Christmas). Vinegar Syndrome Archive is proud to present this stylishly directed slice of Hong Kong action on Blu-ray for the first time in the United States, newly restored from studio supplied masters.
directed by: Ringo Lam
starring: Peter Liapis, Danny Lee, Vernon Wells, Olivia Hussey, Rosamund Kwan, Kwong-Leung Wong, Victor Hon, David Hedison
1990 / 107 min / 2.35:1 / Cantonese & Mandarin Mono
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Newly scanned & restored in 2K from its 35mm original camera negative
- Presented in its original Cantonese language soundtrack with newly translated English subtitles, along with a Mandarin language dub track
- Brand new commentary track with film historian and author Samm Deighan
- “The Business of Revolution” - a brand new interview with actor Vernon Wells
- “Undeclared Score” - a brand new interview with composer Noel Quinlan
- Reversible sleeve artwork
- Newly translated English subtitles