Director Ringo Lam’s (Wild Search, City on Fire) only film in the wuxia genre is also one his best and bloodiest.
Hunted by the Manchu government, a young Fok Sai-yuk is captured and sent to the Red Lotus Temple, where Shaolin monks are enslaved and viciously tortured by the sadistic warden Kung (Wong Kam Kong). Thrown into a pit of corpses and left to die, Fong survives and attempts to save his Shaolin brothers.
Produced by Tsui Hark, Burning Paradise is a dark fantasy epic, filled with shocking violence and incredible choreography. Eureka Classics is proud to present the film for the first time in the UK since the VHS era in a blood-soaked special edition.
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
- 1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K restoration of the films’ original 35mm camera negative
- Cantonese and English audio options (both in their original mono presentations)
- Optional English Subtitles, newly translated for this release
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Archival Interview with Tsui Hark
- Original theatrical trailer
- A Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [2000 copies]
- **All Extras subject to change