STREET DATE 3/18/2024
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
A tale of honour and revenge by a celebrated master of wuxia cinema, Joseph Kuo!
Having witnessed the brutal slaying of his entire family as a small child, Tsai Ying-jie (Tien Peng, A Touch of Zen) spends several years wandering in search of those responsible. After years in training, he intends to use his expert swordsmanship to exact violent revenge on Yun Chun-chung (Tsao Tsien, Dragon Inn) and his four accomplices, who murdered his father in order to obtain a legendary weapon known as the Spirit Chasing Sword. But after dispatching several rival swordsmen that stand in the way of his righteous vengeance, Tsai comes to contemplate the futile nature of revenge after Yun Chun-chung’s daughter, Flying Swallow (Polly Shang-Kuan Ling-Feng, Back Alley Princess), saves his life.
Followed by The Bravest Revenge and The Ghost Hill, The Swordsman of All Swordsmen is the first entry in Joseph Kuo’s Tsai Ying-jie trilogy and a landmark work in the wuxia genre. Eureka Classics is proud to present the film for the first time ever in the UK from a new 2k restoration, along with Kuo’s influential kung fu masterpiece The Mystery of Chess Boxing, available ONLY in this Limited-Edition set.
*Please note that due to the only surviving materials available being a release print, The Mystery of Chess Boxing is presented with burnt-in-subtitles. To the best of our knowledge these are the best surviving materials.*
- Limited Edition Two Disc Set [2000 copies]
- Limited Edition Bonus Disc - The Mystery of Chess Boxing
- Limited edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Grégory Sacré (Gokaiju)
- A Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on both films by James Oliver
- Limited Edition Set of facsimile lobby cards and Double-sided poster featuring original release posters
- DISC ONE - The Swordsman of All Swordsmen
- 1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K digital restoration completed by the Taiwan Film Institute
- Original Mandarin audio
- Optional English Subtitles
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng and film writer John Charles (The Hong Kong Filmography, 1977–1997)
- Archival interview with director Joseph Kuo
- BONUS DISC TWO- The Mystery Of Chess Boxing
- 1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray, scanned from the only known surviving print of the film supplied by collector Dan Halsted (Head Programmer at the Hollywood Theatre, Oregon)
- Original Cantonese and “Classic” English dubbed audio options
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng and martial artist / filmmaker Michael Worth
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by action cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
- Limited edition reversible artwork by Darren Wheeling
- *All extras subject to change*