STREET DATE 6/28/2023
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
THEY BEGAN THEIR EPIC VOYAGE AS FRIENDS… IT ENDED IN HATRED AND BLOODSHED
William Bligh (Anthony Hopkins) was a real-life sea captain who, in 1787, steered HMS Bounty on a 27,000 mile voyage into danger, chaos and madness. After 31 days battling severe sea squalls and Bligh’s ever-increasing cruelty, the weary crew is relieved to land on the tropical island of Tahiti. But soon their tyrannical captain wants to set sail again and the desperate men turn to first mate Fletcher Christian (Mel Gibson) to help take the ship by force.
Originally, “The Bounty” was a longstanding project of Director David Lean who ultimately left the project in 1981 and was replaced by Australian Director Roger Donaldson.
Starring: Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Daniel Day-Lewis, Liam Neeson, Laurence Olivier, and Edward Fox.
Strictly Limited Edition Hardbox set with unique artwork & booklet featuring the original press kit. 1500 copies only.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray from a 4K scan of the original negative
- Audio Commentary by director Roger Donaldson, producer Bernard Williams, and production designer John Graysmark
- Audio Commentary by historical consultant Stephen Walters
- Making of The Bounty – 1984 documentary narrated by Edward Fox
- 2004 Visual Essay narrated by Stephen Walters
- Isolated Score (in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo)
- Audio English DTS-HD 5.1 Surround + LPCM 2.0 Stereo
- Original Aspect ratio 2.35:1
- English subtitles
Disc Two: Bonus Disc
- NEW Interview with Director Roger Donaldson
- NEW Featurette on the history of film adaptations of “The Bounty“
- NEW Featurette on the Vangelis film score
- A Fated Ship – 1981 documentary surrounding the construction of “The Bounty” replica ship and the early development of the film
- In Bligh’s Wake – 1984 documentary charting the voyage from New Zealand to Tahiti to deliver “The Bounty” replica for shooting the film
- NEW Interview with Maritime historian & film producer Stephen Walters
- NEW 90 min feature with the cast & crew