STREET DATE December PLEASE NOTE THAT AUSTRALIAN RELEASES ARE OFTEN DELAYED!
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
PACKED WITH BRAND NEW SPECIAL FEATURES, INCLUDING THE 1970 MOVIE MISTER JERICO ON BLU-RAY FOR THE FIRST TIME WORLDWIDE.
John Steed fights crime and diabolical masterminds in his own inimitable manner with nonchalant efficiency, sophistication, and charm. With the departure of Mrs. Peel (Diana Rigg), Steed (Patrick Macnee) has acquired a new assistant, Tara King (Linda Thorson), who relies less on judo and more on feminine guile to dispatch her assailants. Miss King will use a coo or a kiss rather than a karate chop, not to mention an occasional brick-in-the-handbag technique! Emotional, earthy, cunning, Tara is thoroughly emancipated, while remaining essentially feminine. This is her real distinction and it makes her devastating!
In this stunning celebration of the Tara King era, The Avengers probe 33 colourful adventures in stunning high-definition, with a bountiful collection of vintage and new Special Features.
Plus an additional disc brings together early episodes from the first two seasons of the series and audio reconstructions for Series 1 lost episodes.
A second bonus disc features the worldwide Blu-ray debut of Patrick Macnee’s 1970 post-Avengers crime caper Mister Jerico, sporting a brand NEW 2K scan from the original negative.
11 DISC BLU-RAY SET + 120 page collectable booklet in LIMITED EDITION HARDBOX packaging.
THE AVENGERS SERIES 6 – all 33 episodes on 9 discs
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p high-definition presentation from the original 35mm elements
- Collectable double-sided Hardbox packaging – 1500 copies only
- NEW! 120-page booklet featuring an essay by television writer / historian Andrew Pixley, and Press/Story Information from the original studio files
- Original ‘as broadcast’ mono audio track (LPCM) and “The Avengers in Color” opening slate
- NEW! Audio Commentary on “The Forget-Me-Knot” by filmmakers Samuel Clemens and George Clemens (2023)
- NEW! Audio Commentary on the Terry Nation scripted episode “Invasion of the Earthmen” by writer/film critic Kim Newman and screenwriter/author Robert Shearman (2023)
- Audio Commentary on “Split!” by writer/producer Brian Clemens and director Roy Ward Waker
- NEW! Audio Commentary on “LOOK! (stop me if you’ve heard this one) But There Were These Two Fellers…” by filmmakers Samuel Clemens and George Clemens (2023)
- NEW! Never-before-released Video Commentary on “All Done With Mirrors” featuring actress Linda Thorson, director Raymond Austin, composer Howard Blake, producer Brian Clemens recorded on-stage at “THE AVENGERS AT 50” event in 2011
- Audio Commentary on “All Done With Mirrors” by actress Linda Thorson and Paul O’Grady
- Audio Commentary on “Game” by director Robert Fuest
- Audio Commentary on “Noon Doomsday” by actress Linda Thorson and Paul O’Grady
- 2nd Audio Commentary on “Noon Doomsday” by stuntwoman Cyd Child
- NEW! 3rd Audio Commentary on “Noon Doomsday” by filmmakers Samuel Clemens and George Clemens (2023)
- Audio Commentary on “Killer” by guest actress Jennifer Croxton
- Audio Commentary on “The Morning After” by director John Hough
- Audio Commentary on “Love All” by writer Jeremy Burnham and guest actress Veronica Strong
- NEW! Audio Commentary on “Fog” by film historians Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Lyons (2023)
- NEW! Audio Commentary on “Thingumajig” by film historians Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Lyons (2023)
- NEW! Audio Commentary on “Bizarre” by television historians Dick Fiddy (of the British Film Institute) and Henry Holland (2023)
- Video Introductions to “The Interrogators”, “Love All”, “Take Me To Your Leader”, “Pandora”, “Thingumajig” and “Requiem” by Linda Thorson
- Video Introduction to “Whoever Shot Poor George Oblique Stroke XR40?” by director Cyril Frankel
- NEW! Audio Recollection on “Get-A-Way!” by guest actor Peter Bowles
“THE AVENGERS AT 50” – Interviews captured at the 50th Anniversary celebration of the series, held at Chichester University (2011)
- Helicopter arrival and Audio Commentary by Linda Thorson and Paul O’Grady
- NEW! Linda Thorson introduces video message from Patrick Macnee
- NEW! “The Impact of The Avengers” – panel discussion with Linda Thorson, Paul O’Grady, director Raymond Austin, actor John Carson and author Alwyn Turner
- NEW! “The Music of The Avengers” – Themes from the series (and The New Avengers) performed by the Chichester University Orchestra
- Interview with Linda Thorson by Paul O’Grady
- “The Two Sides of Tara King” – with Linda Thorson and stuntwoman Cyd Child
- Interview with director John Hough
- Interview with director Robert Fuest
- Interview with composer Howard Blake
- Interview with director/stunt co-ordinator Raymond Austin (NEW! Complete unreleased version)
- “In the Footsteps of Tara King” – interview with Linda Thorson by Oliver Kalkofe (2010)
- “Wish You Were Here” – Locations featurette
- “Avenging The Avengers” – featurette on the series (1992) plus additional unused interviews
- “Thriller: Lady Killer” – complete episode from the ATV series starring Linda Thorson, written by Brian Clemens (in Standard Definition)
- “Return of the Saint: The Roman Touch” – complete episode of the ITC action series guest starring Linda Thorson (in Standard Definition)
Archival Vault Material
- “Introducing Linda Thorson” – Vintage Promotional Trailer
- “Girl About Town” – Vintage Promotional Short Film about Linda Thorson with optional Audio Commentary by Linda Thorson and Paul O’Grady
- Artists Screen Tests – vault film of various actresses auditioning to be the new “Avengers Girl” (mute with optional Audio Commentary)
- “Invasion of the Earthmen” – Alternative U.S. End Credits
- Series 6 Textless Closing Credits with theme music
- U.S. ABC Network Commercial Break Bumpers
- “Mit Schirm, Charme Und Melone” – German Opening Titles / Closing Credits
- “Granada Plus Points” for “The Forget-Me-Knot” featuring Patrick Macnee
- Extensive Photo Galleries from the studio archives
Bonus Disc 1: The Avengers – The Early Years
- “Hot Snow Act 1” – the only surviving material from the very first episode of Series 1, with optional Audio Commentary by producer Leonard White (in Standard Definition)
- “Girl on the Trapeze” – the complete 6th episode from Series 1 (in Standard Definition)
- “The Frighteners” – the complete 15th episode from Series 1 (in Standard Definition)
- “Bullseye” – the complete 8th episode from Series 2, with optional Audio Commentary by actress Honor Blackman and Paul O’Grady
- “Warlock” – the complete 16th episode from Series 2, with optional, NEW! previously unreleased Audio Commentary by Honor Blackman and story editor Richard Bates recorded at “THE AVENGERS AT 50” event in 2011
- 14 Audio Reconstructions for missing Series 1 episodes
- “THE AVENGERS AT 50” – Interview with producers Leonard White and Brian Tessler, actresses Honor Blackman and Julie Stevens (2011)
Bonus Disc 2: Mister Jerico (1970)
1970 crime caper produced by ITC as the pilot to a proposed new Patrick Macnee series, but ultimately aired as a one-off television film, and theatrically exhibited in some territories.
- NEW! 1080p high-definition presentation of a 2023, 2K scan from the original camera negative by Imprint, with grading by award-winning colourist Jonathan Wood
- NEW! Audio Commentary by television historians Dick Fiddy (of the British Film Institute) and Henry Holland (2023)
- NEW! Restoration Featurette
- Original Theatrical Trailer (previously unreleased)
- Textless Titles
- Photo Gallery