STREET DATE 3/25/2024
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Mardar is a small-time crook who delivers packages without asking questions. Until he is tasked with delivering MeiMei, the daughter of a shady smuggler. Looking exactly like his long-lost love, Moudan, who threw herself into the Suzhou River, Mardar becomes convinced she is his dead lover. Set within the murky wastelands of Shanghai, Ye Lou’s award-winning re-tooling of Hitchcock’s Vertigo is a visual treat that features the kinetic style of Wong Kar-wai’s Chungking Express. A unique take on the neo-noir genre, Suzhou River is newly restored in 4K and made available on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.
LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
- 4K restoration of the film from the original negative
- 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Newly filmed interview with critic and programmer Tony Rayns
- In Shanghai - a short film documentary portrait by Lou of his home city (2001, 16 mins) - TBC
- Original trailer
- Optional English subtitles
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Time Tomorrow
- Limited edition booklet featuring new writing by Josh Slater-Williams and a newly translated archival interview with Ye Lou
- Limited edition of 3000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings