STREET DATE 4/30/2024
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
John returns from his wife's funeral to his children, unaware of their mother's passing. He tells his eldest son, but hides the truth from youngest
John Duncombe, the British consul in Florence, returns home from his wife's funeral to his two children, who are unaware of their mother's passing. He makes the decision to tell his eldest son, Andrea, but hides the truth from his sickly younger son, Milo. Director Luigi Comenicini (The Sunday Woman) captures the innocence and carefree moments of youth alongside the agonising feelings of grief, creating one of the finest films about childhood, one which can stand alongside The 400 Blows, The Spirit of the Beehive and L'enfance nue. A Palme d'Or nominee at the Cannes Film Festival and recipient of multiple awards from Italian institutions, Misunderstood features remarkable performances from the children and from Anthony Quayle (Lawrence of Arabia) as Duncombe.
- LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
- New 2024 2K restoration from the original negative
- Uncompressed mono PCM audio
- Interview with co-screenwriter Piero De Bernardi and Cristina Comenicini, the director's daughter and herself a noted filmmaker (2008, 36 mins)
- Interview with legendary critic Michel Ciment (2021, 24 mins)
- A Child's Heart - a visual essay by David Cairns on Comencini and the filmmaker's affinity for childhood stories (2023, 25 mins)
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Reversible sleeve featuring designs based on original promotional materials
- Limited edition booklet featuring new writing by critic Manuela Lazic and a newly translated archival interview with Comencini