STREET DATE 1/16/2024
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
A keen observer of America’s social fabric, writer-director John Sayles uncovers the haunted past buried beneath a small Texas border town in this sprawling neowestern mystery. When a skeleton is discovered in the desert, lawman Sam Deeds (Chris Cooper), son of a legendary local sheriff, begins an investigation that will have profound implications both for him personally and for all of Rio County, a place still reckoning with its history of racial violence. Sayles’s masterful film—novelistic in its intricacy and featuring a brilliant ensemble cast, including Joe Morton, Elizabeth Peña, and Kris Kristofferson—quietly subverts national mythmaking and lays bare the fault lines of life at the border.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED 4K UHD + BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director John Sayles and director of photography Stuart Dryburgh, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
- One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
- New conversation between Sayles and filmmaker Gregory Nava
- New interview with Dryburgh
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by scholar Domino Renee Perez
New cover by Jacob Phillips