STREET DATE 2/20/2024
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
When a successful businessman (Joe Don Baker) decides to shut down the local video emporium, a group of dedicated gamers battle to save the arcade.
There's something going on at the local video arcade - something totally insane, outrageously hilarious, very sexy and thoroughly entertaining; the hit film JOY STICKS!
This antic romp begins when "The Video Arcade's" newest employee, Eugene (Leif Green, Grease 2) arrives pantless for his first day on the job. Teenage heartthrob Jeff (Scott McGuinnis, Secret Admirer), who runs the arcade and Dorfus (Jim Greenleaf, Liar's Moon), the slovenly video game addict, decide to take revenge on the vivacious Alva (Kym Malin, Weird Science) and Lola for tricking Eugene out of his pants with a wild game of "strip video." But before they can act, King Vidiot (Jon Gries, Napoleon Dynamite) and his sexy troupe of high-tech video addicts invade the arcade and pandemonium breaks loose. In the midst of the chaos, Joseph Rutter (Joe Don Baker, Fletch), an influential businessman, comes into the arcade looking for his daughter Patsy (Corinne Bohrer, Surf II). When he witnesses the madness around him, he vows to see the "den of juvenile delinquency" shut down for good!
Will the city council decide to close the arcade and spoil the kids' fun? Or, will Jeff, Eugene and Dorfus manage to turn Rutter's anger with a little help from Alva and Lola? It all comes together in a climatic and hilarious video game competition - with a winner-takes-all bet on the future of the video arcade in this early 80's cult classic comedy produced and directed by Greydon Clark (Final Justice).
- 2K scan and restoration in (in 2015) from 35mm film elements and presented in 1080p HD in 1.78:1 aspect ratio
- Audio: LPCM 2.0 Mono
- NEW! Fan commentary featuring MVD Rewind Collection's Eric D. Wilkinson, Cereal at Midnight host Heath Holland and Diabolik DVD's Jesse Nelson
- Audio Commentary with Director Greydon Clark
- Interview with Director Greydon Clark
- “Coin Slots” – Faux “Trailer” short written and directed by Newt Wallen and starring Mr. Lobo & Eric D. Wilkinson
- Reversible Artwork
- Collectible 2-Sided Mini-Poster
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Limited Edition Slipcover (First Pressing Only)