STREET DATE 12/11/2023
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Second Run presents a selection of essential works by Polish filmmaker and iconoclast Jerzy Skolimowski, one of international cinema's most prolific and celebrated filmmakers.
This special limited edition box set contains three features – Walkover (Walkower, 1965), Barrier (Bariera, 1966), and Dialogue 20 40 60 (Dialóg 20-40-60, 1968) - presented from stunning new 2K restorations, plus rarely seen early short films newly remastered in HD and released for the first time ever on Blu-ray.
Jerzy Skolimowski's autobiographical second feature, shot in a series of superbly orchestrated and choreographed long-takes, presents a tale of a disillusioned young boxer and his romance with a girlfriend. Inspired as much by jazz composition and Skolimowski’s own poetry, the wonderfully kinetic Walkover is a landmark of 1960s cinema.
Skolimowski’s intoxicatingly inventive masterpiece about man and the modern world, is ostensibly a 'boy-meets-girl' romance, but emerges as a devastating allegory of the contemporary Polish psyche. A film about national schizophrenia and the barrier between generations.
Dialogue 20 40 60 (Dialóg 20-40-60)
A film in three parts written by Slovak screenwriter Tibor Vichta (Before Tonight is Over), and directed by Jerzy Skolimowski with Czechoslovak directors Peter Solan (The Case of Barnabás Kos) and Zbyněk Brynych (The Fifth Horseman is Fear), which uses the same dialogue in three individual stories centring on characters of different generations. Three couples discuss questions of love and marriage and identical lines take on unexpected new meanings in their differing contexts in this bold, experimental feature.
BLU-RAY 3-DISC LIMITED EDITION BOX-SET CONTENTS
• Walkover and Barrier presented from new 2K restorations by Wytwórnia Filmów Dokumentalnych i Fabularnych (WFDiF), Poland.
• Dialogue 20 40 60 presented from a new 2K restoration by the Slovak Film Institute.
• Introductions to Walkover and Barrier by Polish cinema expert Michał Oleszczyk.
• Audio commentaries on Walkover and Barrier by producer and film historian Michael Brooke.
• Jerzy Skolimowski's rarely seen early short films, newly remastered in HD: The Menacing Eye (Oko wykol, 1960); Little Hamlet (Hamleś, 1960); Erotyk (1961); Your Money or Your Life (Pieniądze albo życie, 1961).
• Booklets with new writing on the films by filmmaker, author and Polish cinema specialist David Thompson.
• New and improved English subtitle translations.
• World and UK premieres on Blu-ray.
• Region-free Blu-rays (A/B/C).
+ MORE TBC
• Language: Polish, Czech
• Subtitles: English
• Running times: 75 / 81 / 80 minutes
• Aspect ratios (Features): 1.66:1
• Aspect ratios (Short films): 1.33:1 / 1.37:1
• Video: BD50 x 3 / 1080p / 24fps
• Audio: 2.0 Dual Mono LPCM (48khz/24-bit)
• Discs: 3
• Black and white
• Region A/B/C (Region Free)