STREET DATE 4/23/2024
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
The first motion picture, based on historical facts, about the rise and revolt of slavery in America.
EVERY SCENE LOOKS YOU STRAIGHT IN THE EYE... AND SPITS!
The film considered too shocking for the world! Written, edited, produced and directed by Gualtiero Jacopetti and Franco Prosperi of MONDO CANE fame, this epic recreation of the American slave trade atrocities was both condemned as depraved exploitation and acclaimed as an unprecedented cry of Black anguish and rage. The Detroit Chronicle hailed it as "a graphic, moving, nerve-paralyzing film." Legendary film critic Pauline Kael called it "the most specific and rabid incitement of the race war." It became one of the most reviled and misunderstood films of its time. Five decades cannot diminish GOODBYE UNCLE TOM's impact or quiet its controversy as it has become even more relevant TODAY!
In 1971, distributors forced the filmmakers to completely re-cut the film and radically re-write its extreme narration, removing more than 13 minute of race-war politics and inserting alternate scenes - creating what would become an entirely different film - before it could be released. Now more than 50 years later, both versions of GOODBYE UNCLE TOM can finally be seen in brand-new restorations, scanned in 4K 16-bit from their original negatives with newly restored DTS-HD Master Audio, and packed with over 5 hours of Extras!
- HD Blu-ray (1080p) Widescreen 2.40:1 feature presentations
- Audio: 1.0 DTS-HD MA (English); 1.0 DTS-HD MA (Italian)
- English Version (123 Mins.) with Optional English SDH and Espanol Subtitles + English Trailer
- Italian Version (136 Mins.) with Optional English and English SDH Subtitles + Italian Trailer
- THE IMPORTANCE OF SHOCKING: GUALTIERO JACOPETTI – A feature-length documentary by Director Andrea Bettinetti (94 Mins.)
- THE GODFATHERS OF MONDO – A feature-length documentary by Director David Gregory (89 Mins.)
- Goodbye Cruel Mondo - Interviews with Writers/Directors Gualtiero Jacopetti & Franco Prosperi, and Composer Riz Ortolani (20 Mins.)
- Behind-the-Scenes 8mm Footage with Audio Commentary by Production Manager Giampaolo Lomi (50 Mins.)
- Mondo Mercenaries - Interview with Author & Academic Mark Goodall (27 Mins.)
- Abjection Under Authoritarianism - Interview with Professor Matthew J. Smith (20 Mins.)
- Extensive Still Galleries, including Giampaolo Lomi’s Behind-the-Scenes Photos
- BONUS! GOODBYE UNCLE TOM Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD by Riz Ortolani
- BONUS! Collectible Booklet with new essay by Dan Madigan