STREET DATE 1/22/2024
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!
YOUR ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED ON OR AROUND THAT TIME, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE RECEIVE IT. UPS/FED-EX ETC ARE ALL SUBJECT TO DELAYS AS WELL AS LABEL COMPANIES/DISTRIBUTORS.
NO CANCELLATIONS ON PRE-ORDERS!
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PRE-ORDER!
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT CHECK-OUT, NOT AT RELEASE DATE
EVERYTHING YOU ORDER WITH THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN IT COMES IN. IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE OTHER ITEMS SOONER PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS
ALL ARTWORK/FEATURES/DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Any blu-ray in this will be region b. 4K discs are region free.
In 1974, Stephen King published his first novel, the story of Carrie White, a troubled young girl, bullied by her peers and daughter to a fanatical fundamentalist mother, who discovers she has telekinetic powers. In 1976, it became the first of his works to be adapted for the big screen and, to this day, remains one of the very best.
Carrie marked Brian De Palma's arrival as a major director, following smaller cult films such as Sisters, Phantom of the Paradise and Obsession, and provided a key early role for Sissy Spacek (Badlands), one that would earn her a Best Actress nomination at the Academy Awards®. Piper Laurie would also pick up a nomination as Carrie's mother, while future stars such as Amy Irving, John Travolta and Nancy Allen were given their first major parts in a big-screen production.
Restored in 4K from the original negative, this collector's edition provides the definitive release of a horror classic.
- 4K restoration from the original camera negative
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-rayTM presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Lossless mono and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio soundtracks
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Commentary by Lee Gambin, author of Nope, Nothing Wrong Here: The Making of Cujo, and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45 and Devil's Advocates: Suspiria
- Acting Carrie - archive featurette containing interviews with director Brian De Palma, actors Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, Amy Irving, William Katt and others
- More Acting Carrie - additional interviews with the cast of the film
- Visualising Carrie: From Words to Images - archive featurette containing interviews with De Palma, writer Lawrence D. Cohen, editor Paul Hirsch and art director Jack Fisk
- Singing Carrie: Carrie the Musical - archive featurette on the stage musical adaptation of King's novel
- Writing Carrie - an interview with writer Lawrence D. Cohen
- Shooting Carrie - an interview with cinematographer Mario Tosi
- Cutting Carrie - an interview with editor Paul Hirsch
- Casting Carrie - an interview with casting director Harriet B. Helberg
- Bucket of Blood - an interview with composer Pino Donaggio
- Horror's Hallowed Grounds - a look back at the locations of Carrie
- Comparing Carrie - visual essay comparing the various versions and adaptations of Carrie across the years
- Alternate TV opening
- Image gallery
- TV spots
- Radio spots
- Carrie trailer reel
- Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and new artwork by Laz Marquez
- Limited edition 40-page perfect bound book featuring writing on the film by Neil Mitchell, author of Devil's Advocates: Carrie, a reprint of the Final Girls' 40th anniversary Carriezine, and an archive interview with Brian De Palma
- Fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and new artwork by Laz Marquez
- Six double-sided collector's postcards