Something strange is happening to the mothers in a small town in upstate New York... Small and subtle changes appear at first, but soon the women are transformed into deranged, demented, and cannibalistic FLESH-EATING MOTHERS. With no one safe from ending up as a key ingredient in the next tupperware party luncheon, it's up to the town's young people to uncover the shocking truth behind the carnage and put an end to it once and for all, especially as dinner time approaches.
A decidedly absurd and tongue-in-cheek mix of zombie film and Cronenberg-esque body horror, James Martin's direct-to-video 80s cult classic, FLESH-EATING MOTHERS offers a non-stop barrage of over-the-top splatter, courtesy of special effects wizard Carl Sorensen (Child's Play, Tremors), and pitch black humor. Co-produced by Peter Ilich (Splatter University) and photographed by future VFX guru, Harry Eisenstein, Vinegar Syndrome presents FLESH-EATING MOTHERS in its North American Blu-ray debut, freshly restored in 2K and featuring a new batch of exclusive extra features.
Directed by: James Martin
Starring: Robert Lee Oliver, Donatella Hecht, Neal Rosen, Valorie Hubbard
1988 / 88 min / 1.85:1
• Region Free Blu-ray/DVD combo
• Newly scanned & restored in 2k from its 16mm archival elements
• Brand new commentary track with director James Martin, moderated by film historian and author Michael Gingold
• "Blood and Laughs" - an interview with director James Martin
• "Hungry to Make Movies" - an interview with producer Peter Ilich
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles