Saint Simon, a deranged and manic painter, believes that he is the reincarnation of Vincent van Gogh. When his beautiful wife dies unexpectedly, Simon suffers an emotional breakdown and insists that his necrophiliac butler, Hermann, help remove her corpse from the cemetery and bring it back to his castle to help him retain his creativity; placing the body on display inside of a hidden crypt. Still struggling with his art, Simon soon meets a young woman named Sybille, who bears a striking resemblance to his late wife, and lures her back to the castle with the intention of making her into his new muse. Trapped inside, Sybille must find a way to escape the horrors taking place within the castle walls, as Simon has recently discovered that human blood may hold the key to unlocking his true creative potential.
A sublimely twisted shocker from late 80s Italy, Sergio Bergonzelli’s (In the Folds of the Flesh) BLOOD DELIRIUM is a non-stop assault on good taste, with gut-pulling murders, graphic sex, and a whole host of other perversions. Starring John Phillip Law (Danger: Diabolik, Barbarella), Brigitte Christensen (Quiet Days in Clichy), Olinka Hardiman (Lingeries Fines et Perverses) and sword-and-sandal star turned Eurosleaze character actor Gordon Mitchell (Emanuelle, Queen of Sados) in the most demented role of his lengthy career, Vinegar Syndrome is overjoyed to present the world Blu-ray debut of this twisted and stylish gem, newly restored in 2K from its 35mm original camera negative and presented in its fully uncut and uncensored version!
directed by: Sergio Bergonzelli
starring: John Phillip Law, Brigitte Christensen, Gordon Mitchell, Olinka Hardiman, Marco Di Stefano
1988 / 94 min / 1.66:1 / English and Italian Mono
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Newly scanned & restored in 2K from its 35mm original camera negative
- Brand new commentary track with film historians Eugenio Ercolani and Troy Howarth
- "Gerard's Delirium" (19 min) - a brand new interview with actor Marco Di Stefano
- "Killer's Muse" (28 min) - a brand new interview with actress Brigitte Christensen
- "Once Upon a Time in the Italian Eighties" (29 min) - a brand new interview with assistant director Corrado Colombo
- Alternate Italian front and end titles
- Original theatrical trailer in English
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles