December 3rd, 2020
This was our first Thanksgiving weekend selling online from our own website, so we did not know what to expect. It was VERY busy! Fortunately we were prepared so barring a small hiccup here and there every order is on the way to you right now. THANK YOU for your support! If you don't know, I opened Orbit as a video store 20 years ago and the website is the latest edition to our story. I am grateful and humbled that so many of you support us and have become loyal shoppers in such a short time.
I read and appreciate your feedback so here's a couple of topics that I'd like to mention.
1. NEWSLETTER. Yep! I love doing newsletters so expect this very soon. Be sure you sign up at the bottom of our home page.
2. PREORDERS. A little tricky, but I'm open to the idea. I think a large part of Orbit's popularity is that we have been a "last chance" website and I'd like to keep some aspects of that. This year has proved that there are no guarantees in the world and I would hate to have to cancel preorders. Let's just say for right now I will look into the best possible way to do this to keep everyone happy.
3. SALES. I want one! The obvious time would have been at some point last weekend but the problem is that EVERYONE had a sale then! I'm now looking at late December/early January when all of you are flush with that sweet holiday cash. Stay tuned.
4. VIDEO GAMES. They're coming! For those of you that don't know, Orbit also stocks thousands of games, but they have been a little more of a challenge to add to the website. People want to see more pictures and descriptions of flaws, completeness, etc. We do have ALL of our Nintendo Switch inventory online, as well as all of our video game accessories like controllers and cables. We will start fleshing out the rest of our collection in the new year.
5. CONTACTING/CALLING US. Email or social media is our preferred way to answer questions about anything online, but some of you have chosen to call the store. Keep in mind that most of the employees deal with the brick and mortar Orbit, not the online Orbit, and might not be able to give you the answers you are looking for so it's best not to go that route.
Thanks again for helping us bring our little weirdo store to the interwebs. We are looking forward to helping you throughout the holidays, 2021 and beyond!